Almost the entirety of Apple’s product line is reported to be updated for the final half of 2018, according to the respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who expects improvements to the iPhone, Mac mini, iPad, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch and iMac.
- iPad Pro – Two new 11 and 12.9 inch iPad Pro models are currently under development, each incorporating a full-screen design similar to that of the iPhone X, excluding the home button and replacing Touch ID with Face ID.
- Notebook – A new Notebook with a reduced price is rumoured to be on Apple’s agenda, a 12 inch MacBook providing an additional low-priced option to replace the MacBook Air.
- iPhone – The widely anticipated three new iPhones are to be launched in the Autumn, two OLED models of dimensions 5.8 and 6.5 inches, and a lower priced 6.1 inch LCD model. All three are to feature high performance A12 processors, however only the two OLED models will incorporate dual-lens cameras.
- Mac mini- major processor upgrade, maybe additional improvements such as a redesigned chassis.
- MacBook – Processor upgrades expected.
- MacBook Pro – Processor upgrades expected.
- Apple Watch – Two new Apple Watch models are intended for 2018, with bigger displays (39.9 mm and 45.2mm in comparison to the current 38mm and 42mm sizes) in addition to enhanced heart rate detection features.
- iMac – A processor refresh like other Macs and a substantial display performance update are expected for the iMac in the latter half of 2018.